Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CLAUDINE LONGET Mono LPs and Rarities

She stars in Elvis Presley's favorite movie. The Rolling Stones wrote a song about her. And she's one of The Pipe's favorite female vocalists. I'm not going to tell you the story of Claudine's controversial life. Let's just get into to some of her music. I discovered Claudine after watching "The Party" and I remember working at Aron's Records and finding out she had her own albums. One by one I found them all and at the record store one day my friend Jim Akimoto mentioned 'the murder' and I couldn't believe it. But it's kind of nice to know that I actually liked her music before I could let the controversy influence my opinion. Her first five albums were on A&M Records and they're filled with a variety of soft pop arrangements and fun songs. Claudine melodically whispers in English with a heavy French accent nicely arranged songs by The Beatles, Bee Gees, Jobim, Randy Newman, Donovan and other soft pop gems.

The three LPs I'm posting are the rare MONO mixes that have never appeared on CD. The first two albums ("Claudine" and "The Look Of Love") are commonly found in thrift stores in mono and stereo but the third album, "Love Is Blue," is hard to come by. I recently found a DJ Mono white label release serviced to radio stations for "Promotion Only."

I'm also including two songs only released in Japan and sung in Japanese (the highly sought after "Itsuki No Komoriuta" and "Love In The Picture (Ehon No Naka De)") plus a few NON-LP b-sides like "A Flea In Her Ear" and "Shadows Of The Night." As Derek Taylor said, "Claudine's here for ever now. She's Andy's, yours-and mine."






















Disc 1 ("Claudine" and "The Look Of Love" MONO vinyl):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xvyyse
Disc 2 ("Love Is Blue" MONO vinyl and bonus 45's and rare cuts--"Shadows Of The Night," "Nothing To Lose," "A Flea In Her Ear," "Am I Blue" MONO 45, a spoken message from Claudine about Mason Williams from a promotional 45, "Itsuki No Komoriuta" and "Love In The Picture (Ehon No Naka De)"):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ys56fc

P.S. If you happen to have the 2005 CD compilation on Rev-Ola entitled "Hello, Hello: The Best Of Claudine Longet," check the credits on the inside booklet for my 'project assistance' credit!!

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that you helped with that compilation? ;D

    THE PARTY = goooood movie. You can steer a body towards nothing bad, my man. HEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi im not sure if you're still maintaining this blog (seems like it) but i would REALLY love to get hold of her music! If theres any way for you to repost it or email I'd really appreciate! my email address is ouijablush@hotmail.com a million thanks!

    ReplyDelete