Sunday, June 20, 2010

ELTON JOHN I Get A Little Bit Lonely

These 14 songs are demos by a young Elton John and lyricist Bernie Taupin (except "Sitting Doing Nothing" which Elton co-wrote with Caleb Quaye and "Hour Glass" was penned by three outside writers) and were recorded between 1967 and 1969. This is a very rare U.S. bootleg LP released in the 70's during EJ's heyday on Appy Records.

The songs are a bit more 60's poppy sounding and with less real emotion than both Elton and Bernie would put into their forthcoming work, but these early songs nonetheless show the pair had a talent for Top 40 toetappers.

SIDE ONE:
I Get A Little Bit Lonely
The Flowers Will Never Die
Rock Me When I'm Gone
Tartan Colored Lady
I've Been Loving You
Sitting Doing Nothing
Sing Me A Sad Song

SIDE TWO:
I Love You And That's All That Matters
The Tide Will Turn For Rebecca
A Dandelion Dies in the Wind
Hour Glass
Baby I Miss You
Reminds Me of You
When the First Tear Shows

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4YM2YM1M

2 comments: