Monday, June 14, 2010

LIMO 2 LP Warner/Reprise Sampler

From 1977, this double LP has never been anything EXCEPT mellow but that’s the way music was going. There was only one more year until the saying ‘Great Til ‘78’ was necessary to invent.

Even so, "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" sounds better when it's on the same album as Funkadelic guitarist EDDIE HAZEL doing "California Dreamin'" in a Hendrix "Watchtower" style (produced by George Clinton). And Emmylou Harris does a nice version of Gram Parson's "She" and Journey's Jonathan Cain is also here in his early solo band. Also, it's hard to remember a time when Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" was a new song!

Ry Cooder: Alimony
Sanford and Townsend: Moolah Moo Mazuma (Sin City Wahh-oo)
Jonathan Cain Band: Windy City Breakdown
Bonnie Raitt: Runaway
Little Feat: Red Streamliner
Van Morrison: Flamingos Fly
Leo Sayer: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
Al Jarreau: Better than Anything
Kate & Anna McGarrigle: Walking Song
Danny O'Keefe: The Runaway
Eddie Hazel: California Dreamin'
Fleetwood Mac: Dreams
Mylon LeFevre: Goodbye Miss Sadness
Chunky, Novi & Ernie: Didn't Wanna Hurtcha for Another Guy
Jesse Winchester: Nothing But a Breeze
Wendy Waldman: Living Is Good
Jesse Colin Young: Higher & Higher
Deaf School: What a Way to End It All
The Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band: Aloha ka Manini
Henhouse Five Plus Too: In the Mood
Hirth Martinez: Nothin' Iz New
Emmylou Harris: She
Gary Wright: Phantom Writer
Attitudes: In a Stranger's Arms
Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes: Call of the Wild
The Doobie Brothers: You're Made That Way
Rod Stewart: Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)

DISC 1 (Sides 1 & 2):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0KS62EL

DISC 2 (Sides 3 & 4):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CY13HX5J

7 comments:

  1. POSTED THIS COMMENT ON MOTT THE HOOPLE BY MISTAKE :O) Hey Jim... I am only a casual downloader. I tend to buy my music (a bit out of step with modern times I guess!) but I do browse the blogs for stuff that's out of print or never released on CD. Holy Cow! what a find today when I stumbled onto your site! You have a lot of cool stuff that was never on CD but the cream of the crop for me was all these Warner-Reprise Loss Leader LPs. These are collections that I would love to see released on CD but for licensing reasons alone they will clearly never be released in physical digital format, not even by Rhino Handmade. I had three that I ordered in the late 70s and three that were handed down to me... lo and behold you have posted five out of six that I had and quite a few more! I just want to thank you so very much for making my day... no, my year!, with these awesome posts. If you have any more I hope you post them soon! And if you have a want list please let me know... I would love to return the favor if I can. All the best and happy new year! keithf77777

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool. It is always interesting to see luxury cars like that Limousine service in long island . What a very unique way to have a ride on a Limo and go places. It sure is fun and exciting to ride one on a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna recommend for Picklimo, they are so flexible so far I know.

    Limo in DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!..
    limo service

    ReplyDelete