Thursday, March 24, 2011

LIVE IN LOS ANGELES 1986 w/ Papa Nes!!

The Monkees are touring again this summer for their 45th anniversary. I probably won't get to see the show because I'll be on tour myself. Michael Nesmith will NOT be a part of the tour leaving it to the other three to carry on the legacy. In 1986, MTV was broadcasting re-runs of their TV show and their reunion tour of that year found Monkeemania was ALIVE. This recording is from the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles in September 1986. Listen to those screams! But most of the chaos is saved for the end when 'Wool Hat' joins the band as a surprise to sing "Listen To The Band." The Monkees tour will end at the Greek Theatre this year as well. It will be interesting to see if there's another reunion this time around.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JFL075NG

1 comment:

  1. Niccce, I don't have this. You got to see this tour though didn't you? Was it with grass Roots and Herman's Hermits? I know you had a tour shirt anyways. MTv re-showing all those episodes, and the marathon shows they had, Pleasant valley Sunday and Last Train to Clarkesville were really what got me back into these guys. My initial attraction to the Monkees definitely came from the show. I imagine that's what got most of us liking them. I have all the episodes again, my son watched them with me. It's cool he is a fan too.

    ReplyDelete