Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CLINT HOLMES Radio Interview LP January 1975

"My name is Michael, I got a nickel, I got a nickel, shiny and new.
I'm gonna buy me all kinds of candy, that's what I'm gonna do"

Man, what memories those words and that melody conjur up! How can you NOT recall that melody and song especially if you were a youngster at the time? Even if you forced your mind to try and forget it!? It's kinda creepy and scary and uncomfortable. The proverbial playground in MY mind would be working overtime trying to forget that I ever even HEARD this song. And I never even owned a copy of the record. But wait a minute...is it really that bad?







Years later, when this song re-surfaced in the jukebox in my mind (via a 70's compilation), I realized it wasn't a children's record at all and the production was pretty solid and who was this guy singing? He has a pretty good voice!




All questions are answered with this rare radio transcription LP is called "Sounds Like The Navy" featuring host Sam Riddle interviewing the singer, Clint Holmes, in the early years of his successful musical career. OK, I admit I kinda like 'Playground' now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUPDZNN4

No comments:

Post a Comment